Training is a vital part of ensuring CRI is a quality program that is relevant and engaging in today’s changing environment.
The Essentials workshop is for new Instructors and Assistants plus existing religious Instructors who have never completed this training. It covers all of the essentials of being a religious Instructor and includes the follow topics:
– Student Protection Training (as required by QLD Ed Act)
– Faith-based approved training (as required by QLD Ed Act)
– Queensland Education Act information – our rights and responsibilities
– explanation of the mentoring process
– understanding the school environment
– preparations before entering the classroom
– updates on current policies and expectations
Experienced Instructors workshop
This is included on the same day for our experienced Instructors and Assistants where they will be able to access a range of material presented by experienced teachers on a variety of subjects pertaining to Christian Religious Instruction.
At each training event participants will be offered:
– opportunity to hear about updates on current Department of Education policies and expectations
– opportunities to ask questions, share ideas and glean from others experienced in the schools
– opportunities to pray for their teams, schools and new schools
– option to purchase resources which may enhance their lessons
Child minding is usually available if prearranged.